Triple Pepper Macaroni Salad
Perfect for a family gathering! You can vary the Peppers that you chose for this Macaroni Salad. Use peppers that your family likes. If you like heat add a Jalapeno!
Type of Dish :Side dish
Published Jun 20, 2015
- 1 LB Box Small Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small/med Jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Wish-Bone® Robusto Italian Dressing
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion (add more or less to taste)
- 1 Cup Hellmann's® Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the Macaroni according to the directions on the box. Do not over cook.
- While the Macaroni cooks wash your peppers in cold water and dry with a clean towel.
- Cut each pepper in half so you can make a pepper ring. Clean the membrane from the rings and reserve for decorating your dish later. Then clean out the rest of the peppers dice to a uniform size. Be careful if you decided to add a hot pepper to your salad taking care not to touch your face.
- Dice your red onion into uniform pieces.
- When the Macaroni is finished cooking. Drain well. DO NOT RINSE
- While the macaroni is still hot, place the Macaroni in a large serving bowl and pour the 1/2 cup of Wish-Bone® Robusto Italian Dressing over the macaroni. Toss until well coated. Let the Macaroni sit and absorb the dressing. If it looks to dry you can add a little more dressing. You want it to at least be coated with the dressing.
- Let the Macaroni cool completely. You can cover it with plastic wrap and place it into the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Once the macaroni is sufficiently chilled, add the diced peppers, onion and mayonnaise and mix well, taking care not to break the macaroni.
- Add a splash of milk to help thin the mayonnaise if it is to thick. Sprinkle black pepper on salad. Garnish with a reserved bell pepper ring.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 2 hours.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.