Hot and filling!. All the ingredients for a quick supper that feeds a crowd! Ground beef with tomatoes and corn. Add home-made garlicky croutons and mash potatoes. Customize this recipe to your own taste. Like more tomatoes? Add a larger can of diced tomatoes or try a large can of whole tomatoes!
Type of Dish Main Course
Published Jun 20, 2015
- 2 - lbs Ground beef
- 1 - med Yellow or white Onion
- 1 - 15.25 oz can Nibblet Corn
- 1 - 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove mince garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the ground beef into a skillet pan and begin to cook on medium high heat.
- Dice the medium onion and add to the ground beef. Add the ground pepper and minced garlic. Cook ground beef until cooked through and it is no longer pink.
- When the meat it cooked, drain off any excess fat from the meat. Then place the ground beef into an oven proof casserole dish and add the diced tomatoes and its juices to the ground beef.
- Next drain the can of niblet corn and add to the tomato and beef mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and place the over and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until piping hot.
- Make home-made garlicky croutons or use store bought and layer them over the top before serving the casserole over mash potatoes.
Yield 6 servings
Preparation Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.